Travel grant applications for MWC 2018 have now closed and recipients notified.
Travel Grant Applications.
To assist delegates from Low Middle Income Countries to participate in the 1st Malaria World Congress a number of travel grants will be provided. Participation provides an excellent opportunity for collaboration between practitioners or science innovation, health systems delivery, members of community, government and non-governmental organisations.
● Applicants must be based in, and citizens of Low Middle Income Countries.
● Applicants must not have received alternative external travel support to attend this meeting.
● Applicants must have an official connection with an organisation known for its role in research or delivering malaria solutions.
The organisers reserve the right to vary the amount of grants depending on where the delegate is travelling from and their specific circumstances. Minimum grants provided will include:
● Full conference registration
● AUD$2,000 towards travel and accommodation.
It is not the intention that the grant cover all the attendance costs at the Congress.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
● Have made a submission to the program under one of the four pillars and/or
● Have had at least one peer reviewed scientific publication and/or
● Have registered and paid for the registration indicating their intention to attend the Congress.
All applicants must also provide:
● Contact details of their manager or supervisor.
● A letter of support from their organisation (signed and on organisational letterhead) acknowledging their support of the applicant’s attendance.
● Details of the objectives they hope to achieve through attendance.
● A short Curriculum Vitae (2 pages).
● A statement indicating they understand the grant, should they get one, will be for a fixed amount and any additional costs they incur they will have to meet through their own needs.
Successful applicants must be able to get a visa to attend the conference in Australia.
The Malaria World Congress committee will make a decision on the applications based on the merit of all the provided information, the quality of the submission and the track record of the applicant. The number of applications available will depend on the funds raised by the Congress. The decision of the Congress committee will be final.
Submissions are to be made online via the registration portal.
The application deadline is: Thursday 29 March 2018